THE MARRIAGE TEST
Where is your marriage headed?
Talk to a Professional
There are 30 questions, in three sections. You can save your answers at the end of each section and come back.
PART ONE: Communication
1. When I enter a room, my spouse usually:
Looks at me and smiles
Turns in displeasure
Looks up and at least acknowledges me
2. After arguments, my spouse and I usually:
Have made up by the next day
Keep the fight going
Apologise and resolve the argument quickly
Don't speak for days
3. In the time we have been married...
We have become more patient with each other
We get into serious fights all the time
We argue from time-to-time but in a respectful manner
We are bickering increasingly
4. If one of us did file for divorce...
We would have some differences, but would try to work through it
It would be a knock-down, drag-it-out fight
We would likely argue a lot about money
We would be civil with each other
5. Have you been to marital counseling?
Yes, but it was not that helpful
We tried, but gave up
Yes, it is helping our communications
6. When you need help from your spouse, they:
Ask me what they can do to help
Immediately try to help and know instinctively what you need
They begrudgingly offer to help
Couldn't care less
7. Socially, how are you as a couple?
Not very social in general
Living in our separate social worlds
Very socially connected as a couple
Somewhat socially connected to others
8. With regards to making decisions...
I make decisions easily
I hardly ever make decisions but instead let things happen
I feel as if I must defend my decisions to my spouse
I can make some independent decisions
9. Do you need your spouse to change how they communicate with you?
It's too late, they won't / can't change
No, I'm happy with our communication
They need to make some major changes soon
Some small changes would improve the way we communicate
10. When communicating with my partner, we are most often:
Arguing, yelling, screaming or fighting
Neutral and emotionless
Intelligent and respectful
Complimentary, flirtatious or loving
You are making great progress.
Please save your answers
(only you control who sees your answers)
your email address
create a password
Continue without saving (yeiks)